21/12/20 – Event / Reformulate / Fermentation / Fermented / Protein / Digital / Summit
Join leading F&B players in January to explore fermentation – the next big thing in alternative protein
Join Clara Foods, The Good Food Institute, Perfect Day, Quorn and many more at the REFORMULATE: Fermentation-Enabled Alternative Protein Innovation Digital Summit – held online from 28–28 January 2021.
Next-generation fermentation technologies are gaining momentum in the food industry, and interest in the space from investors is growing, as demonstrated by the recent US$28m raised by a fungi-based protein brand.
With fermentation touted as the next pillar in the alternative protein movement, it is now more important than ever to come together as a community to discuss where the industry is heading to, alongside possible challenges on the way.
The REFORMULATE: Fermentation-Enabled Alternative Protein Innovation Digital Summit (26–28 January 2021) is your one opportunity to be brought up to speed with novel technological advances powering the new wave of alternative protein products and leveraging fermentation biotechnology to increase the scalability, flavour, sustainability and production efficiency of next-generation alternative protein sources.
Where biotech and food innovators converge
Bringing together key decision-makers from biotech and food tech, multinational CPG companies, independent food brands and ingredient suppliers, this is a conversation not to miss.
You can download the complete agenda and expert speaker faculty in the Event Guide here
Key speakers Include:
• Ranjan Patnaik, Chief Technology Officer, Clara Foods
• Nate Crosser, Start-up Growth Specialist, The Good Food Institute
• David Bucca, Founder & CEO, Change Foods
• Matt Gibson, Co-Founder & CEO, New Culture
• Britta Winterberg, Co-founder & Chief Scientific Officer, LegenDairy Foods
• Andrew Beasley, Commercial Director, 3F BIO
Highlights on the agenda @ REFORMULATE
With 30+ speakers across two days of unrivaled in-depth content addressing your most pressing questions, join your peers to:
• Discover the changing consumer trends reshaping the food & beverage industry, and identify the actions needed to positively align your products with future consumer purchasing patterns.
• Assess the commercial potential of next-generation fermentation-enabled protein sources to accelerate product innovation, increase scalability and inform your future R&D strategies.
• Overcome formulation and manufacturing challenges that can arise, to ensure your products do not compromise on taste, texture, or functionality.
• Understand how fermentation-enabled proteins should be communicated to adhere to appropriate food regulations and labelling guidelines.
However, the above does not begin to cover even half of the agenda. Access the digital event guide to see the full speaker faculty and session details.
Pre-conference interactive workshops
Currently, almost all the 10 top-selling plant-based meat brands are focusing on products that aim to match animal-based meat in taste, texture, and appearance. And yet, achieving biomimicry at the commercial scale required remains a key challenge in the Alternative Protein industry.
That’s why the event organisers have created a series of Pre-Conference Deep Dive Workshops to address some of the key challenges in the industry:
• Food-Focused Climate Solutions Explore the connections between food, agriculture, and energy-based climate solutions. Led by Isaac Emery, Principal Consultant & Founder of Informed Sustainability Consulting
• Commercialisation and Scaling of Fermentation-Enabled Proteins Discuss the scaling and commercialisation challenges surrounding fermentation, to have any chance of delivering that Fermentation-Enabled Alternative Protein to your table any time soon. Led by:
• Mark Warner, Founder, Warner Advisors
• Ilan Samish, CEO, Amai Proteins
• Blake Byrne, Business Innovation Specialist, The Good Food Institute
Attend the REFORMULATE: Fermentation-Enabled Alternative Protein Innovation Digital Summit (26-28 January) to meet the community in order to navigate and overcome formulation and manufacturing challenges, alongside determining how to effectively integrate fermentation-enabled alternative proteins into your product offerings:
Latest issue – Vol 2/21
– Health focus
– Where nutra meets pharma
– Losing less, eating smarter – towards a greener food system
Hi & Fi Asia-China 2021
NATIONAL EXHIBITION AND CONVENTION CENTER（SHANGHAI), CHINA
Africa’s Big 7 2021
Ticketpro Dome, Johannesburg, South Africa
Annapoorna - ANUFOOD India 2021
BOMBAY EXHIBITION CENTRE, MUMBAI, INDIA