23/08/2022 – Event / Fi Europe / Food Ingredients / Innovation / Awards
Now open for entries: Fi Europe Innovation Awards with new category
Entries for the renowned Fi Europe Innovation Awards are now open, and applications can be submitted online until 7 October, with winners to be announced onsite at Fi Europe in Paris in December.
The majority of the awards are only open to Fi Europe exhibitors. However, brand new category ‘Food Training & Education’ has been added this year, which is also open to non-exhibitors.
A run-down of the award categories
• The new ‘Food Training & Education Award’ will acknowledge an association, organisation or company that has made an outstanding contribution to consumer health and wellbeing with an educational initiative or pioneering idea.
• The ‘Sustainability Innovation Award’ recognises environmental, economic or socially sustainable practices in the F&B industry.
• The ‘Diversity & Inclusion Innovation Award’ is open to companies or organisations creating a work environment that offers equal opportunities for all employees.
• The ‘Plant-based Innovation Award’ will shine a spotlight on alternatives to animal-based nutrition, and celebrate the best new plant-based ingredient or application.
• The ‘Sensory Innovation Award’ acknowledges ingredients or processes that enhance the overall sensory experience of food products.
• The ‘Health Innovation Award’ will be given to an ingredient or process that is proven to contribute to better health.
• The ‘Food Tech Innovation Award’ celebrates innovative processing, packaging or waste reduction solutions.
A successful accelerator
Since their inception, the Fi Europe Innovation Awards have been a success-accelerator for the winners. This year’s judging panel is once again chaired by Prof. Colin Dennis, Chair of the Board of Trustees of both IFIS and the British Nutrition Foundation.
The jury includes a line-up of industry experts from consultancy, management, product development and trade journalism.
All award winners will be announced during an Awards Ceremony onsite at Fi Europe in Paris on 6 December, followed by the traditional Fi Europe Exhibitor Party. The exhibition itself runs from 6–8 December at the new location of Porte de Versailles in Paris, and online from 28 November to 8 December 2022.
Latest issue – Vol 6/22
– Ingredients focus
– Drinking to good health
– Private label's power play – The resurgence of private label
Dubai World Trade Centre, UAE
The Hotel & Hospitality Show 2023
Sandton Convention Centre, South Africa